|Location:||Colorado Springs, Colorado|
OGC Management, LLC. – Colorado Springs, CO
Research potential projects and prepare and/or direct preparation of all prequalification responses, proposals, estimates, and bids.
Support to our Vice President, Director of Special Projects, and the Executive Staff in areas such as:
- Attend kick-off meeting and determine scope of work and required contents of estimate or proposal
- Participate in the preparation, review, presentation and out-brief of technical and design/build & bid/build proposals in response to owner’s RFP’s.
- Participate in the preparation, performing, and report writing of studies regarding materials, construction methods, and cost effectiveness.
- Perform additional assignments per supervisor’s request and direction.
- Ability to understand Request for Proposal (RFP) and prepare conceptual estimate based on solicitation.
- Establish subcontract scopes of work, establish material scopes of supply
- Establish/Execute the company’s bid strategy
- Review proposal specifications and drawings
- Detailed estimate preparation
- Manage material and subcontract quotes/proposals
- Prepare project schedule
- Manage/anticipate last minute adds/cuts from vendors/subcontractors and establish gantt charts
- Complete final estimate preparation and report to company principals on items such as scope, labor, equipment, bid summary, etc.
- Provide estimating assistance on pricing extra work items and change orders on existing projects
- Maintain files of working documents as back-up for estimate figures, including current (accurate) information on prices from suppliers through direct contact, sales brochures, price lists, etc.
- Other duties as assigned
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- BS in Construction Management, Accounting or related discipline or equivalent experience preferred
- 1-3 years of scheduling experience in a construction environment preferred
- Motivated, organized, adaptable and positive
- Strong critical thinking skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational and task management skills
- Detail oriented, efficient at multitasking
- Microsoft Suite skills: Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint (particularly excel)