|Title:||Human Resources Manager|
|Location:||Colorado Springs, CO|
The govIRG team: http://www.govirg.com/, an O’Neil Group LLC. subsidiary, is seeking a highly motivated/organized individual to join our team as a Human Resources Manager with consulting responsibilities. This position is located in our Colorado Springs office and will provide Human Resources (HR) consulting and general support for customers with companies based in Colorado and several other domestic locations. This position has been recently developed and will provide Human Resources consulting services in both the government and commercial industries, reporting to the Sr. Partner, in support of our valued govIRG customers and clients.
The Human Resources Manager and Consultant will provide tactical HR with some limited strategic recommendations to several client companies in a multi-state environment. The selected candidate will facilitate all functions of the Human Resources "services offered" while ensuring compliance with local, state and federal employment and labor laws. This position, at times, may participate with candidate sourcing with the use of highly effective recruiting techniques, provide benefit administration (employee education and enrollment), communicate and transact payroll changes, provide employee support with daily administration of the client's company policies and procedures. Support government contracting environments and commercial interests, and provide consulting services to new customers as requested with support of business growth and development.
- Support organizational goals.
- Ensure compliance, in all areas, in accordance with Affirmative Action, EEO, privacy, Federal, State and local laws, regulations and other requirements.
- Offers daily HR, benefit and payroll support through the use of the HR HelpDesk, email, phone, and other employee communication systems.
- Responsible for sourcing, organizing and communicating weekly and bi-weekly payroll changes and ensuring that these changes are updated and verified in all support systems that are related to the change(s).
- Maintain personnel files both in hard copy and soft copy; transition current HR recordkeeping from hardcopy to softcopy and maintain electronic personnel records.
- Assists in administration and interpretation of personnel policies and procedures while ensuring compliance with federal and applicable state laws and regulations.
- Support EEO/VEVRAA and actively engage in support of applicable Affirmative Action Plans and goals. Will also be directly engaged with administration Workers' Compensation programs and benefits. ADAAA, FMLA; ability to manage processes related to these occurrences and ensure processes are followed in order to ensure adherence and support with all applicable federal, state and local laws and other industry-specific regulations (DOD, and commercial).
- OSHA compliance for construction industry and also Work Comp Support to include required injury reporting, management, and recordkeeping with workers’ comp logs and annual postings (OSHA 300 and 300A).
- Ongoing administrator for leaves of absences to include ensuring compliance with applicable leave laws. Thorough understanding of FMLA/ADAAA compliance and administration.
- Maintains and administers performance evaluations and merit increases, annually.
- Partner with management to resolve employee relations issues, including coaching and developmental/corrective actions, investigations, and other related issues in order to support employees and management towards organizational goal achievement.
- Administer benefits (education, enrollments and vendor interface) and serve as a liaison between employees and third party vendors when applicable.
- Demonstrated ability to oversee and support full employment cycle including recruiting, on-boarding, performance management, talent development and exits when applicable (on-boarding through out-processing support). COBRA enrollment, when applicable.
- Serve as a link between management and employees by responding to inquiries and a range of questions; interpreting and administering policy and recommendations for solutions.
Required Qualifications and Skills:
- Thorough understanding of HR principles, practices, standards and legal regulations/empTloyment law/EEO and other compliance areas.
- Ability to work independently and also supporting teams with the ability to assess situations and take action in order to support the overall goals of the organization.
- Effective oral and written (verbal and non-verbal) communication skills and with the ability to ask questions 'good questions,' listen and interpret information; possess the ability to effectively interact with all employees, leadership, and owners at all levels within and outside the company.
- Ability to adapt to rapidly changing environment while being tasked both directly and indirectly from bottom-up and top-down.
- Strong business background and ability to understand business issues and implications to include forecasting.
- Effective problem identification, analysis and resolution skills.
- Demonstrated ability to synthesize a large amount of information and create organizational systems to support processes while maintaining effective time-management skills.
- Respond to requests for information and action in a prompt and effective manner while prioritizing, organizing and balancing workload. And effective engage resources as needed to accomplish tasks and goals.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office and other related products. Ability to operate effectively in a distance organization; ability to support employees who work locally and also domestically in various remote locations.
- Exhibits initiative, responsibility, flexibility and leadership, composure, objectivity and emotional intelligence.
- Possess unquestioned integrity, ethics, and values appropriate for the company’s culture.
- Ability to prepare deliverables and reports and presentations with accurately while meeting named deadlines.
- Ability to provide superior customer service at all levels.
- Demonstrated success in working in a ‘multi-tasking environment.’
- Provide Accounting Support as needed.
Additional Preferred Qualifications, Skills, and Certifications:
- Ability to obtain PHR and/or SHRM-CP certification or other equivalent industry-specific, but related, certification within the next 2-4 years. SPHR or SHRM-SCP a plus!
- Preferred, but not required to apply or be considered: experience with Paychex Flex or other Payroll Support Software desired and Unanet or other government-contractor timekeeping system desired.
Preferred Education and Training:
- Minimum - Bachelor's degree in a related field. For example: Industrial and Organizational Psychology, Human Resources, Business Administration. Some experience in Finance and Accounting would be helpful with an interest in Human Resources.
- 0-2+ years of direct experience in Human Resources including a thorough understanding of HR principles, practices, standards and legal regulations/employment law. Experience and demonstrated success with the tactical components of Human Resources is a requirement or ability to obtain within the first 12-24 months of active employment.
- Must successfully demonstrate proficiency through a professional reference check and “pass” a public-sourced criminal background screen.
- Must provide proof of successfully completing a degree program and certification (transcripts, diploma, and certificate verification).