|Title:||Senior Staff Accountant or Assistant Controller|
|Location:||Catalyst Campus downtown|
The O’Neil Group Company is looking for a talented, energetic and friendly Senior Staff Accountant. We are a capable accounting team that works hard and insists on having a blast at work. We're always looking for process improvement...and we need a strong accountant with an eye for that. Someone who can answer tough accounting questions, figure out how to make the accounting right in any system, and knows Excel enough to be dangerously useful. Someone who can write a sentence and is easy to work with, all while producing excellent work.
Who We Are Looking For
- General Ledger experience - knowing your debits and credits is a must
- The ability to solve complex accounting problems, including accruals and deferrals, beginning balance discrepancies, and more
- Strong understanding of how A/P and A/R impact the General Ledger
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills - please don't submit a resume with typos or grammatical errors
- The ability to adapt quickly to an ever-changing environment with evolving demands
- The ability to work with minimal supervision; a self-starter attitude is a must
- Month end close and financial statement review
- Microsoft Office, particularly Excel
- Bank reconciliations
- Cash flow forecasting
- Budget creation
- Well-organized and detail oriented
- People person, able to interact well with the team, answer questions, cross train and become the "go-to" for accounting questions
- 5+ years of accounting experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting required
- Smartsheet experience a plus
- QuickBooks experience a plus
- Maintains and controls the General Ledger accounts
- Solves complex problems for the Finance/Accounting Team
- Works with the Controller and other members of the Finance/Accounting Team to produce and review financial statements
- Examines accounting records, including financial statements and other financial reports to assess accuracy, completeness and conformance with department standards
- Develop and implement proper systems of financial records, making use of current technologies and searching for new technology to improve processes
Catalyst Campus in downtown Colorado Springs
The Company offers a full suite of benefits including paid time off, paid holidays, 401K, health, dental, vision and life insurance.
About the O’Neil Group
The O’Neil Group (OGC) is constantly developing its portfolio of businesses; we build start-ups or facilitate the acquisition of companies with strategic synergy for associated organizations. As we continue to grow our business portfolio, we are searching for a qualified, motivated individual to support our team.
What makes us different is our commitment to the community in which we work and live. We have a track record of using the resources that already exist in our community and aligning all players/stakeholders and resources to positively impact Colorado Springs through a diverse portfolio of small businesses.
As a Staff Accountant with The O’Neil Group Company, you will work closely with our Controller and Accounting Team to support the financial functions of our dynamic environment. In so doing, you will gain invaluable exposure to the inner workings of a successful and dynamic company.
As a team, our mission is to meet the financial and accounting needs of the diverse and dynamic family of companies. We strive to protect the company’s assets and maintain the company’s image through collaboration, innovation and a commitment to excellence. We value: