|Location:||Colorado Springs, Colorado|
Position Title: HVAC Technician
Department: The Paramount Group
General Purpose/Summary Statement
Responsible for the maintenance and operations of HVAC and building automation systems (BAS).
About the O’Neil Group
The O’Neil Group (OGC) is constantly developing its portfolio of businesses; we build start-ups or facilitate the acquisition of companies with strategic synergy for associated organizations. As we continue to grow our business portfolio, we are searching for a qualified, motivated individual to support our team.What makes us different is our commitment to the community in which we work and live. We have a track record of using the resources that already exist in our community and aligning all players/stakeholders and resources to positively impact Colorado Springs through a diverse portfolio of small businesses.
- Evaluates commercial HVAC Systems; makes recommendations for replacement or upgrade to the manager based on equipment age, energy efficiency, etc.
- Assists risk management with building environmental issues such as indoor air quality (IAQ).
- Maintains inventory of HVAC parts and supplies; orders new supplies as needed.
- Troubleshoots, repairs, and programs BAS, including repairs and upgrades for BAS computers and peripherals.
- Troubleshoots and repairs a wide variety of HVAC equipment, including boilers, chillers, air handlers, computer room a/c and variable air volume (VAV) systems.
- Implements and designates preventive maintenance utilizing computer maintenance management system software for all HVAC, BAS, Plumbing, and Fire Protection systems.
- Performs preventive maintenance on all HVAC systems, including replacing air filters and belts, tightening of electrical connections, lubrication of bearings, refrigerant leak checking and performance monitoring.
- Complies with EPA regulations concerning the proper handling of refrigerants, i.e. recovery and disposal practices.
- Demonstrates a respectful attitude towards customers and coworkers that promotes teamwork, open communication, and effective customer service.
- Acts with the customer in mind, responds to requests promptly and provides effective services or solutions for customers.
- Exercises appropriate level of initiative and judgment to make decisions within the scope of assigned authority.
- Coordinates service calls and required testing and maintenance of plumbing and fire protection systems by on-call service providers.
- Ability to work with crafts workers, maintenance workers, and electrician to completed various projects.
- Ability to effectively communicate information, both verbally and in writing, to support organizational objectives and interact with all levels of personnel within the city in a positive and cooperative manner.
High school diploma or GED.
Minimum of five (5) years' experience.
EPA Certification or ability to receive in 180 days.
Working Environment/Physical Requirements
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to a variety of extreme conditions at construction job sites. The noise level in the work environment and job sites can be loud. The position regularly works near moving mechanical parts and in outside conditions that include inclement weather, heat and humidity, and exposure to dust and asphalt.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The position lifts heavy objects, walks and stands for long periods of time and performs strenuous physical labor under adverse field conditions. The employee lifts, pushes, pulls or carries objects; uses abdominal and lower back muscles to provide support over time without fatigue; and effectively jump, sprints or throws objects. The position requires good manual dexterity (hand, hand with arm, two hands) and multi limb coordination. The position requires the ability to quickly move arms and legs. The employee must have excellent stamina.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Formal training in HVAC as an apprentice or trade school certification.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance (if applicable)
- Must be able to work in the United States.
The O’Neil Group Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer.