|Location:||Colorado Springs, Colorado|
Position Title: Purchasing Agent
Department: The Paramount Group
General Purpose/Summary Statement
The purchasing agent negotiates vendor terms, prices and schedules delivery using knowledge of budget and schedule requirements.
About the O’Neil Group
The O’Neil Group (OGC) is constantly developing its portfolio of businesses; we build start-ups or facilitate the acquisition of companies with strategic synergy for associated organizations. As we continue to grow our business portfolio, we are searching for a qualified, motivated individual to support our team.What makes us different is our commitment to the community in which we work and live. We have a track record of using the resources that already exist in our community and aligning all players/stakeholders and resources to positively impact Colorado Springs through a diverse portfolio of small businesses.
- Processing all customer orders through data entry on company and vendor databases and websites. Confirms order accuracy with vendors. Verify if certain materials can be ordered through Inventory system. Good communication with Production Manager and warehouse staff is required.
- Adheres to purchasing policies, processes and procedures.
- Uses knowledge of material work planning and methods engineering processes and procedures to coordinate product deliveries.
- Negotiates best vendor terms, pricing and delivery based on specific budget and schedule requirements.
- Uses knowledge of machines and equipment to schedule items necessary to continual production cycles
- Completion of vendor credit applications and tracking the progress
- Generate policies and procedures
- High school diploma.
- Minimum of 2 years of purchasing related experience or demonstrated knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the above-mentioned tasks.
- 1 year of experience working with Microsoft Office Suite (e.g. Word, Excel, Outlook).
Working Environment/Physical RequirementsWhile performing the duties of this job, it will be in an office environment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bending or standing on a stool as necessary. This position requires the ability to occasionally lift office products and supplies, up to 20 pounds.
The Company offers a full suite of benefits including paid time off, paid holidays, 401K, health, dental, vision and life insurance.
NOTE: Employees are held accountable for all duties of this job.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties,
responsibilities or qualifications associate
The O’Neil Group Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer.