|Location:||Colorado Springs, Colorado|
Position Title: Electrician Journeyman
Department: The Paramount Group
General Purpose/Summary Statement
The electrician journeyman participates in the construction, installation, modification, maintenance and repairs of electrical appliances, systems, facilities and related electronic controls of varying design or complexity.
About the O’Neil Group
The O’Neil Group (OGC) is constantly developing its portfolio of businesses; we build start-ups or facilitate the acquisition of companies with strategic synergy for associated organizations. As we continue to grow our business portfolio, we are searching for a qualified, motivated individual to support our team.What makes us different is our commitment to the community in which we work and live. We have a track record of using the resources that already exist in our community and aligning all players/stakeholders and resources to positively impact Colorado Springs through a diverse portfolio of small businesses.
- Installs and repairs electrical apparatus and electrical and electronic components of industrial machinery and equipment from 480 volts down to low voltage.
- Participates in the construction, installation, modification, maintenance and repair of electrical appliances, systems, facilities, and related electronic controls and devices by interpreting blueprints, manufacturers’ specifications, and written and verbal instructions.
- Plans and schedules work to ensure proper distribution of assignments and adequate staffing, space and facilities for subsequent performance of duties.
- Assists in the establishment of preventive maintenance programs for electrical systems and facilities.
- Trains and instructs new employees.
- Prepares reports and analyzes indicating work progress, adverse trends and appropriate recommendations or conclusions.
- Installation of power supply, electronic, communication, fire alarm, and computerized circuitry components of industrial machinery and equipment following electrical codes and electrical diagrams.
- Diagnoses and replaces or repairs damaged or malfunctioning electrical apparatus such as transformers, motors, lighting fixtures, wiring services, and various types of control equipment.
- Oversees and maintains the following central systems: Building transformers, emergency generators, life safety systems, building energy management systems, primary loops, and security lighting.
- High school diploma.
- Two years of formal technical training
Working Environment/Physical Requirements
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to a variety of extreme conditions at construction job sites. The noise level in the work environment and job sites can be loud. The position regularly works near moving mechanical parts and in outside conditions that include inclement weather, heat and humidity, and exposure to dust and asphalt.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The position lifts heavy objects, walks and stands for long periods of time and performs strenuous physical labor under adverse field conditions. The employee lifts, pushes, pulls or carries objects; uses abdominal and lower back muscles to provide support over time without fatigue; and effectively jump, sprints or throws objects. The position requires good manual dexterity (hand, hand with arm, two hands) and multi limb coordination. The position requires the ability to quickly move arms and legs. The employee must have excellent stamina.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- State electrician licensure or certification.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance (if applicable)
- Must be able to work in the United States.
The O’Neil Group Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer.