|Title:||Human Resource Manager / Payroll Accountant|
|Location:||Colorado Springs, CO|
Human Resource Manager / Payroll Accountant
The O’Neil Group Company (OGC) is looking for strong human resource manager with a payroll background to join our diverse and dynamic team.
About the O’Neil Group
The O’Neil Group (OGC) is a business start-up and business management company with dozens of projects. As we continue to grow our business portfolio, we are searching for a qualified, motivated individual to support our team.
As an HR Manager and Payroll Accountant with The O’Neil Group Company, you will work closely with our Controller and Accounting Team to support the financial functions of our dynamic environment. In so doing, you will gain invaluable exposure to the inner workings of a successful and dynamic company.
As a team, our mission is to meet the financial and accounting needs of the diverse and dynamic family of companies. We strive to protect the company’s assets and maintain the company’s image through collaboration, innovation and a commitment to excellence. We value:
Day in the Life
Human Resource Manager:
- Develops and administers various human resources plans and procedures for all company personnel.
- Assists in developing department goals, objectives, and systems.
- Implements and annually updates compensation program; rewrites job descriptions as necessary; works with the Home Office on annual salary surveys and develops merit pool (salary budget); analyzes compensation; monitors performance evaluation program and revises as necessary.
- Develops, recommends, and implements personnel policies and procedures. Ensures compliance with all labor laws and SCA compliance policies.
- Oversees benefits administration to include initial enrollment, Open Enrollment and problem resolution.
- Assists with recruitment efforts for all exempt and nonexempt personnel, and temporary employees; oversees and may conduct new employee orientations; monitors career pathing program, employee relations counseling, and exit interviewing; manages electronic posting of positions.
- Establishes and maintains department records and reports. Participates in administrative staff meetings and attends other meetings, such as seminars.
- Evaluates reports, decisions, and results of department in relation to established goals. Recommends new approaches, policies, and procedures to effect continual improvements in efficiency of department and services performed.
- Works directly with employees and worker’s comp provider to process claims, maintain logs, and assist with return to work program.
- EEO1 annual reporting and maintenance.
- Provides functional guidance to other departments for administrative support needs.
- Performs other incidental and related duties as required and assigned.
- Ensuring payroll is completed timely and accurately for 100 employees semi-monthly.
- Maintaining accurate employee records.
- Managing employee deductions for benefits and occasional garnishments.
- Administration of 401(k) contributions and safe harbor matching.
- Work within Ebility/TimeTracker software to gather payroll data and integrate it with QuickBooks accounting software.
- Prepare payroll journal entries for multiple operating entities.
- Provide Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable and month end support to accounting team.
Who We Are Looking For
- 5+ years payroll and/or HR experience
- Proficient in Excel, Word and Outlook
- Experience with QuickBooks
- Experience with worker’s comp claims, benefits administration, and other light HR duties
- Solid knowledge of accounting principles to include strong knowledge of debits and credits
- Experience reading, analyzing and correcting financial statements
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast-paced environment, and meet high pressure deadlines
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- Ability to complete tasks accurately and timely with minimal supervision
- Strong written and verbal skills
- Accounting, Business or HR degree
- Paychex experience
- QuickBooks experience
- $50 – 60k, salary commensurate with experience
- Complete benefits package including health, dental, vision and life insurance, 401K with employer match, 6 paid holidays + 2 floating holidays